Mittwoch, 30. Oktober 2013

Empties #1 | Beauty


Hey everyone! When I saw my first 'empties' video on Youtube, I immediately thought how incredibly crazy the idea is. BUT on second thought, empties blogposts, videos, smoke signals... are the most informative and complete review of products there are. This is exactly why I will be posting empties posts probably once a month. The only problem is that I use a lot of Lush products (shampoo, soap, massage bar) all which do not have a container, but I will figure it out.


Body: The Body Shop Body Butter in Strawberry

This little body butter is representative for about 3 I have used up in the last 2 months (Mango, Coconut and Strawberry). I am sure most of you know these. You will probably also know that they smell almost exactly like the fruit they are named after. Delicious! 

These are fantastic and a holy grail for me since they take care of any eczema I might be struggling with. For those of you who haven't read my blog before: I have stress-induced dermatitis which looks and feels awful. If you have dryness or other discomfort issues with your skin I highly recommend these every night. The only con is they take a long time to sink in, so I use them before bed time! I will be stocking up tomorrow since the Body Shop is having their annual sale (holla!). 


Haircare: The Body Shop Rainforest Brilliance Shampoo

 My hair products tend to last a very long time since I wash my hair about 2-3 times a week. This shampoo though lasted me an especially long time! Even my boyfriend is obsessed with this. His hair is quite thin and I have a ton of hair and we both loved it. It made mine shiny and strong and his hair looked thicker and healthier. 

Of course, this shampoo is sulfate and paraben free (expect no less from the Body Shop). For anyone with a dry scalp: Massage this into your scalp and leave it in for a little (I usually shave, wash the rest of me, sing...) before washing it out and it is extremely hydrating and takes care of dandruff. It also removes any dry shampoo residue I have without stripping my hair. A complete win-win product! However, I did not like the conditioner because it is not thick or moisturizing enough for my color treated hair. 


Skin Care: Vichy Normaderm Active Anti-Imperfection Concentrate

I really liked this, but it is nothing to write home about. It did make my blemishes dry out faster and helped with discoloration, but I like my La Roche-Posay Effaclar spot treatment a lot better. 

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

I know this was in my September favorites, but I changed my mind. I was breaking out really badly and attributed it to stress, hormones, poor diet when it was really the alcohol in products I was using. On second look (and sniff) this is loaded with alcohol. I still love the smell, but can't use it as often because my skin is consistently irritated. After this ran out, my skin normalized within days. I won't be repurchasing it because the price tag is too high for something which does in the end break me out.


Mascaras: Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara

Anyone who knows my make up habits, knows that I am a mascara fiend. Usually I pile on 5 or 6 layers- I love a bold look. This mascara was great for layering with volumizing mascaras and beautiful on its own, creating a very natural look. I got this for my mother too because I absolutely loved it and she is as obsessed as I am. She hasn't worn any mascara in a really long time because she rubs her eyes and this gives her no problems at all- not only smear or crumble!

L'Oréal: Volume Million Lashes Waterproof

This has been a staple in my make up collection since I have been 15. It looks natural with only 1 or 2 coats and bold when layered. Short and sweet: Everyone needs to try this. It is affordable and offers amazing volumizing and lengthening results and does not wear off.

Thanks for reading, I know this was long, but I wanted to give a comprehensive review of everything I tried and finished! Now I can feel like a recovering hoarder and carry this out to the trash. Now I am off to Brussels! 

Have you tried any of these products? Any recommendations what I should try next?

xo, Kate

Kommentare:

  1. I love the body shop's products!! Especially the body butters. lovely post and blog :')
    Ava xo
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Ava! I agree it is always a little dangerous when I go in there... I just can't help myself!
      xo

      Löschen
  2. The shampoo sounds like a great product so I will definitely put it on my list of things to try :o). Xx


    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You definitely should, it cleanses built up product like a dream!
      xoxo

      Löschen
  3. I agree about the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. Definitely not worth the hype. The first time I tried it, I had the worst under the skin breakouts along my chin. Never again. 0.o
    Next time you get a body butter, make sure to smell the Moringa one. It's amazing! My absolute favorite.
    viennafly1.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen