Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

Nars Multiple in Orgasm | Review

Hello everyone! I am sure everyone has heard of this product. This was gifted to me about 2 years ago, I think and it stayed in my 'make up I never use but is too expensive to throw away' box I keep on the top-shelf of my bathroom. Recently, I have been needing a little more of a glow so I busted this baby out.

The concept behind the product: You may have seen people use their lipstick as blush, this is exactly what the multiple is- a lipstick and blush hybrid. 

The multiple I received is in their infamously awkward, yet hyped shade 'orgasm', which suits a variety of skin tones. 

The texture of this is great, it is blendable, buildable, long-wear and pigmented. However, it is far too dry for the lips. Over a gloss or moisturizing product it could work, but on its own it will highlight every little crack or flake of skin! 

By applying some of this to my finger and then dabbing it onto my eyelids, it creates a nice subtle shimmer, even over other eyeshadow colors. The blush color only comes off onto the skin if you rub it on.


The cons of this product are definitely the packaging. As with most NARS products, the contents of your make up bag gravitate towards the surface of this and are impossibly hard to remove. 

In the picture below you can see how large the glitter is. For a night time look this is fine, but during the day I personally end up looking like a glittery mess. The rest of my face needs to be extremely matte in order for this to work. By dabbing the stick onto the top of my cheek bones I can get a nice highlighting effect though.

Overall, this isn't really a multi-purpose product since it is SO GLITTERY. The shade is lovely, but the blush may be a better pick for me personally. I would not repurchase this even though I do love the formula.

What have your experiences with multi-purpose products been? What do you recommend?

Talk soon!
xo, Kate

Kommentare:

  1. Great review!
    I have this too! I honestly find it not pigmented enough and to glittery as well.
    NARS G-spot is a nice multiple to try!
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Then it isn't just me. Too bad this one didn't work out for us!

      Löschen
  2. I use Nars Multiple in Cocacabana! Which is fantastic for highlighting and doesn't seem glittery!!
    Thanks for the post I'll stay away from Orgasm!
    Check out my blog
    http://helpmakemebeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Sounds like I just got the wrong color! Thanks for stopping by, Hayley!

      Löschen
  3. I've been tempted by the Multiples, but have never picked one up because the powder blush really is a better option! Can't go wrong with NARS blushes. But this really is a pretty colour :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I agree the color is so pretty- too bad the glitter is so crazy!

      Löschen
  4. I second the comment about Nars Multiple in Cocacabana. :D Personally I think the Orgasm shade is overrated. :/

    - Kate (kateastrophe-everywhere.blogspot.com)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I will definitely have to check Copacabana out! Thanks for the advice, Kate!

      Löschen
  5. that´s a really pretty color! but so shimmery. thanks for your review!

    velvetpencil.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I think the powder blush is a better pick! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
      xo's!

      Löschen
  6. I really want to try the powder version of this, but you get a lot more product for your money when buying the multiples!
    becky x

    http://beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You should check out their website, they have blush palettes right now which are an incredible deal! I just got the palette including Orgasm and I love it.

      Löschen
  7. I've heard of the actual blush and it looks like a lovely colour! Not a fan of glitter but I imagine like you said it'd create a nice highlighting effect!x

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    AntwortenLöschen