Donnerstag, 28. November 2013

Get to Know Me: The Girl behind the Blog

Hi everyone! Today I am doing something a little different from my usual beauty and style posts. Recently I have been loving reading 'behind the blog' posts about the bloggers themselves. Not to be voyeuristic, but I love seeing what people's lives are actually like when they aren't writing reviews or tutorials. It gives some insight, and, ok, satisfies my nosy side just a little bit. I said it! :)





My name is Kate and I am from Berlin (as I am sure you can tell by my Blog's incredibly descriptive title). I am 21 years old and am currently studying a scientific subject (animals and plants are my thing) at a university in Berlin. I live in my own little apartment, which I lovingly have named "the dungeon" because of its low ceilings and small size, but I love it. In a group I am usually the 'funny one', but only if people understand sarcasm! When I am not stressing over uni (99% of the time) I am doing freelance make up for photographers around Berlin or I'm outside taking walks or bike riding with my boyfriend.

(amusing myself while making antlers, too bad they're not on the picture!)

We have been together for 1,5 years and met at a bar we were both working at. He was a bartender, I was a waitress... how much more cliché can we get? He is an athlete and will be taking part in his first bodybuilding competition next year. Aside from that, he works full time and studies at night- we're both really busy!


What else is there to say? My parents are my best friends, we get along really well, which I am so thankful for. I know a lot of people say this, but, you know what? More power to them! (Trust me, the teenage years are never easy, were all happy when they're over!)

My dream is to (aside from having a family and a fulfilling job) write a book about the stories I picked up along the way when I was a waitress. I actually waitressed quite a while, but more to that some other time. Maybe I will begin writing the stories and post them here? What would you think of that idea? They slightly amusing... people 'forgetting' their friend at the bar, throwing candles at each other and dancing with a smurf are only the tip of the iceberg.

I hope you enjoyed this and I will be back with more beauty related posts next week!

Also, please link your 'behind the blog' posts down below! I would love to get to know you all more.

xoxo, Kate




Kommentare:

  1. Lovely post.
    I am loving that sweater on you!!!
    It's just adorable :)
    And the rope of elephants in the background .... soo cute!
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I think I have an issue with animals? :) haha
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xoxo

      Löschen
  2. I really enjoyed reading about you, even though it`s the first time I`m on yout blog:) Firstly, I am noticing that you are from Berlin, I always thought it`s an amazing city to live - complete fullness of art, concerts, places to go, places to get lost and meet the most random people (in a good way of course!). I always loved to talk with people from Berlin because they just have something and also are quite different from the rest of Germany. Maybe it`s in my head, I don`t know but I love Berlin people:) Glad to hear you are in a good relationship with your parents - sadly there are many people who donot appreciate how wonderful it is!

    Best wishes,
    Ieva http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! This comment really made my day. I love Berlin too. My family is from west of Berlin and the mentality is completely different, eventhough its just 2 hours away. There really is no city as Berlin. Come visit!

      I agree, people take a great relationship with their parents for granted!

      Thank you for stopping by!
      xoxo!

      Löschen
  3. Cute sweater! Great post. It's fun to learn a little bit about a blog's author, because you're right, we all have our nosy side. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. We most certainly do! You should do one too! :)

      Löschen
  4. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Thanks for sharing dear! Yes, definitely post your waitress dilemmas, would be great to read :) following you on GFC and bloglovin'! Looking forward to your next post ^^

    www.hellojennyho.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I will definitely do so! Thanks for answering :)
      xoxo

      Löschen
  6. What a fun post! I always like to read more about my favourite bloggers :) That sweater is adorable! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Great blog post! I love your cute sweater by the way. xx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you- it puts me in a christmas mood!

      Löschen
  8. Dein Pullover ist so was von toll...sau cool <3
    Liebe Grüße :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh danke! Der macht wirklich gute Laune :D
      Danke fürs vorbeischauen!

      Löschen