Montag, 18. November 2013

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil | Review

Hey everyone! As promised in my lip balm battle, the french 'pharmacie' skin care reviews are rolling in!  Brussels was amazing and I stayed with a wonderful friend of mine who is quite the beauty expert with a collection of products and skin to die for (I think she should start a blog herself). My mother had been requesting the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil 
 and after hearing my friend's good review on this (Hi Aneke!), I picked up a bottle for myself.



The concept: Dry oils are supposed to give you a 'dry' finish, which means you won't have a horrible greasy film on your skin which you may have with many other oils. The ingredients in this are mostly natural oils and it is perfumed, but my extremely sensitive skin has had no problems. (Also, Amazon is the cheapest I have seen it so far.)

About a year and a half ago, I got really bad eczema and nothing worked. I always had it a little, but I got horrible rashes on my arms which hurt really badly. This year I have decided to combat it from the start of the dry cold weather. All I have to say to this product is: PERFECT. The smell, the texture, the results, the bottle.. I might be a little obsessed. So let's get down and... oily? Awkward.

The most 'problematic' aspect of this is the smell. I personally like it, but it does have a hint of old lady perfume to it. The smell doesn't linger unless you straight up put your nose to your skin, but I still don't recommend ordering this online without smelling it if you are like me and are particular about smells.

More importantly, the results are amazing. I apply this to slightly damp skin and it soaks in surprisingly quickly and really does live up to its name by giving me a 'dry', non-sticky finish, which is much more comfortable. It completely hydrates my skin and it is such a luxurious product to use. Even just the bottle makes it an experience. What more could you want from a little bottle of oil?

I don't use this on my face since I have a very oily t-zone and don't want to give it any more reasons to misbehave, but it is great in my hair. It isn't particularly dehydrated at the moment, so it just adds a little bit of extra shine. The smell does linger though! It is also a really easy way to add a bit of shine after styling by applying it on dry hair.

Do I recommend this? Absolutely, for anyone! For any skin type and any age this is a little bit of luxury we can all incorporate into our shower or (for yours truly) bath routines. Also, an excellent present idea!

Have you tried this? Do you want to see more french pharmacie products? I would love to hear your feedback!

xoxo,
K.

Kommentare:

  1. I love dry oils and this is a beautiful, lovely shimmery oil that feels so luxurious to use :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I agree! Nuxe has some really wonderful products!

      Löschen
  2. Such a great review. For some reason, I really like reading about products that are sold in French pharmacies, even if I'm nowhere near France. :)

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. me too! They are so easy to use and give great results.
      I love your blog by the way!
      xoxo

      Löschen
  3. Sounds great. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I have wanted to try this for ages, it sounds like such a lovely product! I've got a gift set to review on my blog, with this and the lip balm in it! I can't wait to try it! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Great blog

    Please visit: http://trendybutterfly.blogspot.fr/

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Ah, glad you're loving this! I've tested it out in-store and it really is great! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I really need to try this as well, though right now I'm using the Garnier & Caudalie ones. x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    AntwortenLöschen