Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013

Empties #2 November 2013 | Beauty


Hi everyone! Instead of doing monthly favorites I somehow end up doing monthly empties posts! Either way, it’s what I’ve been using- the good the bad and in between. 



Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: My derm gave this to me since I am prone to exema as soon as my body is a little bit unhappy with me. This is great for sensitive skin, has a neutral smell and is especially good for dry/cracked heels. Huge recommend as it also doesn’t leave a big old greasy mess either. I may repurchase this after I get through my extensive TBS body butter collection!

Lavera Lavender Body Lotion: I am allergic to a lot of ingredients often found in lotion. This is the best I have found so far. No gross ingredients and it smells great. I always have one of these on hand  and can recommend all of them 100%. The frangrance doesn’t linger all day, but it works for me since I rely on my perfume anyway. Repurchase!

MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer: I really loved this! I know it isn't empty, but I have had this for years and it has finally dried out. This is perfect for any blemishes or redness- it stays all day and is 100% full coverage. I have hidden my smaller tattoos with this before. I don't recommend it for the under eye area because its finish is much too dry and ends up looking cake-y. I will definitely repurchase this ASAP for all my other skin issues though! 

Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Mask: There is really no point going into detail about this since I am sure all of you have seen/read a lot of reviews on it. It is worth the hype and if your hair is unhappy with you this will fix it, enough said! J I will repurchase this, but haven’t given up my search for a drugstore alternative! Any tips?

Venus Facial Tonic: This smells really fresh and delicious. It also lasted me a really long time eventhough it wasn't very expensive- almost 6 months! This contains no alcohol and worked beautifully on my sensitive skin. I won’t repurchase this since I have found a Balea toner which is just as great for only 75 cents.

Bebe Intensive Shower Cream: This was ok. Not my favorite as it didn’t actually smell like milk and honey. Otherwise Bebe products are great drugstore options for sensitive skin. I have been using this line since I was 11! I will repurchase other products from Bebe, but not this one!

MAC Fix+: I am so torn about this. I don’t know if it actually does anything amazing for my skin. I use it to refresh my make up and to apply eyeshadow, but applying my eyeshadow with water has worked well and I am not sure it does refresh my make up amazingly either. I have had my eye on the NYX matte finishing spray recently- I think I will have a go at that first before repurchasing.

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara: Huge warning! Without MAC Cleanse Off Oil this is not budging! It really does create a false lash effect, there is nothing „natural“ about this. Definitely for those of us who love dramatic eyelashes. It layers well and stays perfectly in place (even all through spin class!). This has been my 6th or 7th tube at least and I still love it and would/will always repurchase!

Nivea Anti Age Q10 handcream: This smells delicious and fresh. For a drugstore handcream this feels extremely luxurious! It sinks in faster than any high end hand cream and really replenishes my skin, even in winter. I would recommend this to anyone and have repurchased a few smaller tubes and a full-size too.  Also a great stocking stuffer! 

Are there any drugstore hair masks you recommend?

xoxo,

Kate

Kommentare:

  1. So many great empties! I need to try that Macadamia Oil mask! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great empties post!
    I've always wanted to try the Macadamia Oil mask.
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen