Freitag, 24. Januar 2014

Kicked to the Curb! Products that didn't make the Cut | KateBerlinSays


Hey ladies!

Recently I completely purged my make up and skincare collection of anything I didn't use enough. I think I got rid of about 6 MAC Lipsticks which were just taking up space, foundations, primers, eyeshadows... everything. Of course I didn't think about making a post out of it until now, so these are my most recent purges! Also, in case you were wondering, none of these get thrown away I either sold them or gave them to someone else to use!

Benefit Stay Flawless Primer: This is like wax on my face and did absolutely nothing. I have to admit that other than the Fake Up concealer and the Hoola Bronzer I am really, really... really unimpressed by Benefit. Their products are far too expensive for what they are. Kudos on the packaging though.

Nuxe Dry Oil: I LOVE this, but I am a hectic crazy person about 90% of the time (the other 10% I'm sleeping, kind of.. I don't even do that well! My boyfriend was making up introductions about me the other day in the car. Normal, I know? He came up with: Girl who never sleeps. Accurate.). The point being, the top is too small and the product don't come out fast enough. I have now switched to an industrial sized bottle of cheap baby oil which is more up my alley... and all over my floor.

Make Up Store Lipgloss in LaLa: This has a great color, but it is so watery. The sales assistant talked me into this and as it usually is with pushy sales associates... I get scared, buy it and end up regretting it. I only used this once.

Bourgeois Loose Powder: This is brand new, but I love my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural so much, I don't really need or want this taking up space in my bathroom.

MAC Frankly Scarlet: Um, yuck. What was I thinking? Well obviously I was thinking, 'Wow, what a beautiful bright pink/red I must have it!' *runs to the cash register* The thing is bright red on pale almost white skin gives a (to me) very unflattering Snow White look, which makes me look like I have a fever.

Benefit Posie Tint: This just made me look like I was overheated instead of flushed and healthy, also it stained too quickly, leaving streaks on my face and pink fingers. No matter how I tried to apply this, I just didn't like it very much. Also, once it had 'stained' my face, it didn't last very long.

Brunny Brazil Vanilla Perfume: Eek! I bought this off of a recommendation of a German Youtuber, whose taste in scents I normally love. This smells way too sweet. I may have liked this when I was 13, but now it is just far too sickly sweet. Thank goodness it wasn't too expensive. I have learned my lesson about buying perfumes online.

Butter London Nailpolish in Gobsmacked: I just really don't like the color. I usually go for lighter nude shades or red.

Do you guys get rid of products you don't like or do you try and finish them off?

Have a great weekend!

xoxo,

Kate


Kommentare:

  1. Great post! It's as helpful to learn about the products that flopped as it is about the gems. Nice roundup :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. LOL "The point being, the top is too small and the product don't come out fast enough"
    Love this oil but I 100% agree.
    Amazing post! :)
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen