Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014

What I've been Buying at MAC Part 1 | KateBerlinSays



Hi Loves! It has been a while, I know. While I've been AWOL, I have been indulging in an unjustifiable amount of retail therapy. I sold all the make up I never used on Kleiderkreisel (like Craigslist for clothes and make up!) and instead of sticking to my new streamlined, minimalistic, I-know-exactly-what-I-have make up collection... I raided the MAC counter (like anyone believed for a second that I could show any shape or form of self restraint... Dad, I know you're shaking your head). These are all relatively hyped products, so I won't go into much detail.

The picture of my face is after running around university, going for lunch, studying and cleaning my apartment. My Mineralize Skinfinish Natural has kept everything perfectly in place. I am more than impressed by this and can't remember why I stopped using this!

The last few weeks my skin hasn't been looking its best, so I decided to invest in a highlighter and this the Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle lives up to the hype! It isn't overly glittery and is extremely finely milled. I don't ever want to give this up! Also, my absolute favorite make up artist at MAC recommended using my fingers to apply this- so much better than a brush!



Of course I had to get some paint pots because I am super lazy right now as it is exam time. The Rubinesque oddly looks like it is half empty already, although I just got it. This is a perfect bronzey, gold sheer color and it is so creamy. The Maybelline Color Tattoos feel dry and awful compared to this. Bare Study is another classic and this champagne tone is perfect for those days when you don't look your freshest (is that even a word? I've been speaking/writing too much German lately!).

MAC Face and Body: I have found my dream face cream (hint: it's Clarins. Post soon, I promise!), so I have been enjoying that with a foundation more than my usual BB Creams or tinted moisturizers. This is water based and has sheer coverage which is completely buildable. No break outs, no irritations and it lasts all day long- I am obsessed! Also, the fact that MAC makes shades light enough for us vampires (I'm C1, in case you're wondering!).

Lastly, I caved after years of debating this purchase, I caved and got the Hoola Bronzer (side note: I think my boyfriend thinks I am crazy. While we were at the cash register about to pay for some other make up items I had a sudden change of heart. After all but hyperventilating about my decision, I sprinted from the cash register to the second floor of the shop we were in, grabbed the coveted bronzer and returned sweaty and out of breath. He couldn't quite believe the level of crazy a "small box of powder" could induce... pshhh men, am I right?!) My 'you had to be there' Hoola Bronzer story was so worth it, this is the first non-orange bronzer I have ever had. Why did I not just cave when I was 15?

This is part 1 of a very extensive haul, but this post would just be crazy long otherwise!

Have you been doing any shopping lately? I'm glad to be back!

xoxo,

Kate

Kommentare:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging again!
    I can understand your level of crazy over a box of bronzer. It's something I would've pulled at the cash register, too. I actually really like the Hoola bronzer myself. I had one in high school or college, but never replaced it after I finished it. I might have to grab another just before the summer time! I also adore those MAC products you picked up. I've been revisiting my love for MAC after not having bought any of their stuff for awhile because I wanted to try new things, but MAC is great. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lovely picks! I've heard such great things about Soft and Gentle and Rubenesque is one of my favourites :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love MAC mineralized skin finish naturals!
    I also love Springsheen blush and Charcoal Brown Shawdow for my eyebrows.
    Great picks and welcome back. :)
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen